Search the web!!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Online Book Shopping!!

Welcome to the era of online shopping! I am quite excited about the arrival of e-commerce in India. I am already hooked onto it for buying books. There are a lot of benefits when it comes to online purchase of books:
  1. There is a clear display of best-sellers, new arrivals, classification of books by various genre. This enables you to quickly narrow down the search to what you are specifically looking for.
  2. The book review can be read in parallel from review sites and you get the idea of whether the book is of interest to you or not
  3. The book is typically available at a 25% discount to the cover price, which is a significant saving of cash in your wallet. You can now get a lot more books for the same budget.
  4. There is no need to stand and wait in long queue's at the billing and checkout counter (also add the time wasted in traveling to a bookstore, waiting in traffic, walking through a maze of crowded shelves unable to get what you are looking for)
  5. The book is delivered to your doorstep (typically, free of shipping charges) in a neatly wrapped cover. So far I have not faced any issues on this front
With all these advantages, I am now a complete believer in online shopping when it comes to buying books. I would suggest you to try buying books online. There are a couple of good sites which I have found to be reliable. I usually compare prices and delivery options across:

www.flipkart.com and
www.landmarkonthenet.com

2 comments:

  1. Try indiaplaza.in. They usually have great discounts.

    I shop for books online only if I'm looking for a specific title. But if I just want to browse and buy whatever catches my fancy, then nothing beats a bookstore.

    In the store, you aren't limited by gernre, and you may actually like something that isn't typically a genre you read. Sometimes, just the look and feel of a book may take your fancy. And finally, the smell of books...oohh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete