Search the web!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Universal Confusions

I am going insane. It has to do with this damn universe. Seriously. It taunts me with impossibilities. It makes me see inherent contradictions in its existence. And yet, here I am, typing out mumbo jumbo about it. I cannot sleep properly. My head spins trying to figure out what stuff this universe is made of. Cosmology has the answers. But the problem lies in asking the right questions. And I am stuck here. What do I ask? What is it I want to know?

Is it how big is the Universe? The Universe can be as big as you want it to be. Multi-verses stacked upon a solo universe floating in vacuum. The ad infinitum progression of universes to perpetuity. Who can ascertain if the Universe (i.e. the mother of all multiverses) is finite or not?

What exists on the other side of the point-sized Universe at big bang? Does the other side have a meaning at all.

Where did it all begin? Did it begin at all? Is there an 'it' in the first place?

There must be some way all the contradictions are reconciled in an underlying substratum. The Ouroboros keeps frequenting me. It is floating in my mind. The head trying to bite of its tail and complete a cycle.

Suddenly the question 'why' seems to be a totally wrong question to ask. Causality is at the scale of the Universe where Newton rules. In Einstein's world, does 'why' have a meaning? What happens when the Universe has an Einstein world size and a Newton world density.The head meets the tail. The beginning meets the end and everything goes haywire.

What is space? Is it a positive entity? Or is it nothingness. But then what is nothingness. Is nothingness infinite. Then again, another contradiction.

How do i frame the right question? Do words retain their meaning in those questions? I don't know what to ask. All I am left with is silence. I am in awe. I live in an Universe which defies imposition of any kind of rule over its existence. I can hear it say, "I am here to break all the rules you pesky humans make. You can never figure me out. Good luck with that."

No comments:

Post a Comment