Search the web!!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Self Perception

Most of the times when someone is confronted with the 'tell me about yourself' question, the context is largely a formal or social situation. Also, the focus in such cases is on presenting our best self, and not necessarily our true self. It is very seldom that we introspect on our own character, nature and beliefs. I have tried to do this and this is the way i perceive myself.

I am neither a philosopher, nor am I a fool,
I belong somewhere in the middle school

I am not a writer, neither am I a singer,
Nor am I a soothsayer or death’s harbinger

I am seldom to be found making the news,
But I surely do have my share of views

Sometimes I collaborate, sometimes I compete,
Sometimes I conquer, sometimes I concede

I am mostly warm and gentle and calm,
But at times I turn into a raging storm

I believe there is a Grand Author writing the plot,
picking names for all the roles, by drawing a lot

I think it is better to make thoughtful amends,
than take hasty decisions in a matter of seconds

I see life as a game of chance,
At times you cry, at times you dance

I believe that love and forgiveness go together,
When one is absent, you will not find the other

I think that of all sights and sounds,
Sleep and silence are the most profound

2 comments: